Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Weekend at Wild Dunes












This past weekend William, Anne Carter and I went to Wild Dunes. My parents, William's mom, Laura, Catherine and Russ came too. It was Anne Carter's first trip to the beach! The weather was sunny and warm on Friday. We took advantage of it by taking a long walk on the beach. Anne Carter has a sound machine that plays the noise of waves and sometimes I turn it on while she naps at home. I think she recognized the sound because she napped in her stroller for a good bit. When she woke up I thought she might like to be up and able to look around at the water, sand and houses so I strapped her to me for the rest of the walk. She is so alert and loves to stare at things. It really makes you think what babies think about. I sometimes wonder though how babies think. When I think I hear my voice saying words in my head. But babies don't really know words yet so how can they think? Anyway, that was just a random Mary tangent! My dad might say another was asking him how many people he thought got engaged in Charleston on Valentine's Day being that Charleston is such a weekend destination city and it was Valentine's Day on Saturday. I thought it was a good question. He thought it was dumb. So back to the beach...after our walk we went in and made buffalo burgers and just hung out until we headed into Charleston to eat dinner. Saturday was rainy and colder. I made pancakes for everyone and Anne Carter gave out her Valentine cards. She spent several hours making them, but don't worry I made her use safety scissors! After a lazy morning we headed into Charleston and wondered around the South East Wildlife Expo. We decided to cook dinner in that night, so we stopped and picked up fresh shrimp and tuna. Sunday turned out to be sunny, but was much coled than Friday. We went on the beach for just a little bit, but it was so windy and I was worried Anne Carter would get too cold. We went in, packed up and headed home. I was glad that for once William and I had the shortest distance to travel! I really didn't get my camera out much, but here are some pictures from the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment